New: Photon Quantum Bots SDK
Bots can be tremendously important for the success of multiplayer games. Todays player are extremely impatient and hardly willing to invest time into trying out a new game, especially on mobile platforms. No other player there to play against? Game abandoned, end of story.
Although the value of bots is quite obvious on all platforms, there are many games without. This is for a couple of reasons. Creating great bots can be pretty time-consuming and if your game has both, singleplayer and multiplayer modes, you usually can’t use the same code as on has to run on the server while the other runs on the client.
Quantum’s Bots SDK allows to create fully deterministic bots that run locally on clients, so you can use the same code for single- and multi-player. Optionally you can still run the bots server side in a Photon Cloud plugin allowing you a maximum of flexibility.
While the Bots SDK provides you with top notch features to build the best possible bots AI for your game, there is one thing that we cannot really help you with: shall players notice that they are playing against bots or not? That is pretty tricky to answer and you have to decide yourself. We only provide the tools 😉
Quantum Bots SDK highlights:
- Deterministic Bots for Singleplayer and Multiplayer
- Behavior Trees (BHT), Hierarchical FSM (HFSM) and GOAP
- Visual Editor Inside Unity (Data Driven)
- Live Visual Debugging (in Editor)
- All Bots Running Deterministically on Clients
- Option to run Bots Server Side
- Seamless Takeover on Disconnect and Leave on Reconnect
- BHT, HFSM and GOAP can be combined Reference Implementations
- Utilities Library (Generic Broadphase, Graph Based A*, Dijkstra …)
Interested to get your hands on the Quantum Bot SDK?