BR200, the Battle Royale sample is now free
Photon Fusion setting new benchmarks
Our focus has always been to produce the best networking APIs, performance at the lowest cost worldwide. For a decade, we have served Photon Cloud to billions of monthly active users on all possible devices. A year ago, we introduced Photon Fusion, with new AAA-grade functionalities and network topology choices. Photon Fusion shared, host and server modes gives full control to the developer on the selection of authority requirements when creating a new simulation.
Photon Fusion key features
Fusion is the high-end state transfer netcode SDK made for professional teams.
- High Player Count. Gives AAA developers the possibility to create new experiences for hundreds of players.
- Tick Based Simulation. Core for stable and accurate networking.
- Client Side Prediction + Server Reconciliation. Smooth rendering with internal native buffers.
- Lag Compensation. 100% accurate lag compensation with sub-tick accuracy.
- Interest Management. Fast interest management that handles tens of thousands of dynamic objects.
- One API – Many Architectures. Dedicated Server, Client Hosted and Shared Mode.
- Custom Animation Setup. Tick-accurate animation system built on Unity’s playable API.
- Single Core. Runs on a single core on a modern bare metal server.
- Host Migration. Turnkey migration of the host for “Client Hosted” games.
BR200 sample is free on the Unity Asset Store
A few months ago, we released BR200 gameplay to showcase AAA features with Photon Fusion. This battle royale sample shows how to create and implement the latest features of multiplayer games with up to 200 players at 60hz network simulation rate and an uncapped render rate.
BR200 runs either in dedicated server or host mode. Server mode gives you a choice to run your server build on any hosting cloud, but it comes with its challenges as server orchestration at scale is not easy. It is even harder when introducing the complexity of matchmaking.
Today, we announce the addition of the full end-to-end implementation of running a large-scale Battle Royale game in collaboration with Unity Game Server Hosting (Multiplay) and Matchmaker. This battle royale sample shows how to create and implement the latest features of multiplayer games, now with full automated scaling and matchmaking.
Designed to consume less CPU, less bandwidth and help developers operate at uncapped render rate, the BR200 sample provides multiple AAA features such as prediction, reconciliation and 100% accurate lag compensation, enabling developers to build complex multiplayer games. Our collaboration opens BR200 to every Unity developer for free and on the Asset Store.
Game features include:
- Deathmatch, elimination, and battle royale gameplay modes
- Weapon systems – projectile, hitscan, throwable, etc.
- Projectile systems – kinematic, ballistic arrow, and piercing projectiles
- Pickups – static (ammo, health), dynamic (drops on kill)
- Shrinking area, damage area, moving platforms, and item box
- Recoil patterns, input => recoil compensation
- Jetpack – advanced Kinematic Character Controller example
- and many more…
If you require higher support for the sample or need to accelerate your development, take your project to the next level. Your Gaming Circle membership provides all the tools and support necessary to create and launch successful multiplayer games in record time.
We are actively working on new samples and new products. Our Gaming Circle members will always have the latest versions of everything available at Photon. They will also be the first to try our new upcoming MMO service. Don’t miss it!