Quantum 2.1 – the Next Leap
The team is working heavily on Quantum v2.1 and we are confident that you won’t have to wait for too long anymore.
Version 2.1 comes with a lot of new features and even more improvements to make working with Quantum a great experience.
You are welcome to ask the Quantum team in Discord in case you like to learn more about specific features.
Overview v2.1 – New Features and Improvements
- Shape Casts (addition to the queries API, ability to project any shape over a distance/direction and retrieve contact points + position/normalized-time of the contact)
- Inertia Tensors (3D) replace the current simple inertia value
- Improved solver performance
- (in development) GJK continuous collision detection (not guaranteed to be finished)
- (in development) extrapolation options for prediction-culledajor
Navmesh and Pathfinding
- Full 3D navmesh support (returned paths, queries, all return 3D vectors)
- 3D surface movement for steering agent (either over approximage navmesh surface or using raycast projections over accurate physics mesh)
- several other small improvements
New State Inspector
- create/remove/modify entities in runtime from the quantum state inspector (even on online games)
- view predicted or verified frame
- color-coding of components initials (facilitates identifying entities composition in a list)
- multiple clients support (related to the multi-client prototype tooling)
- several other QoL improvements
In-Frame Asset DB improvements
- added ReplaceAsset API
- added AddAssetIwhtValidGUID
- improved FindAsset (via string path) to also offer the option to search the in-frame asset DB
- Added API to inject initial instance for in-frame Asset DB during game initialization.
Multi Client in Editor
- connect and inspect/view multiple clients to quantum servers
- switch input/view/gizmos on/off for all clients
- allows easy debugging of visual experience of the online game directly from editor, no builds required
- no more .bytes files (rebake all maps, and navmeshes)
- added compression pipeline
- serializer compression flags (serialize threshold + decompress on load for server)
- added Log functions (Log2, Log10, Log)