- 12 December, 2014 -
- Photon -
- Tags :
- Comments Off on Ultimate FPS Photon Multiplayer Starter Kit – FREE Closed Beta – UFPS 50% Sale
The folks at VisionPunk have been working hard on adding¬†Photon Unity Networking to¬†their¬†Ultimate FPS package
and are now inviting UFPS developers to join the¬†free closed beta of their UFPS Photon Multiplayer Starter Kit.
Not a UFPS dev yet? The next few days will be an excellent opportunity to pick up your UFPS license if you haven’t done so already: ¬†UFPS is currently on sale (50% OFF the¬†regular price of $95) to celebrate the¬†joyous fact of 1,000 ratings in the Unity Asset Store with an average of 5 stars.
Read on what Calle Lundgren, the master brain behind UFPS, writes about the UFPS Photon Multiplayer Starter Kit:
This Starter Kit¬†for the “Ultimate FPS” Unity plugin adds multiplayer to your game within moments by using the power of the Photon Cloud. It is a turnkey solution for basic multiplayer support and a solid platform to keep building on.
The package contains a framework of wrapper scripts allowing you to get started on a game without worrying about compatibility between UFPS and Photon PUN and with lots of gameplay fundamentals already taken care of. Use it for learning, for high-performance cloud-based multiplayer games, or as a bag of tricks for implementing your own multiplayer!
- Example implementation of a classic, old-school Team Deathmatch gameplay
- Authoritative Master Client and distributed game logic. Damage, death, score, inventory, pickups, player states and bullet paths are authoritative
- Simple prediction and interpolation of player position
- Damage and score tracking for bullets, explosion splash damage and kill zones
- Unlimited teams with their own spawnpoints, names, colors and player body models
- Player nametags that fade out behind obstacles
- Scoreboard for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
- Time-limited match logic
- Simple global chat system with support for swear word filter
- Master Client handover during game (if master leaves, the game keeps running and another player becomes master)
Base UFPS features supported in multiplayer (so far)
- Camera, controls & player body / animation system
- UFPS player events fully synced over the network (crouching, running, sliding, aiming, etc.)
- Projectile weapons with FX (muzzleflashes, shell casings, impact effects & decals)
- Hand grenades and explosions with cover detection
- Kill zones
- Pain hud with directional damage arrows
- Inventory and pickups
- Requires UFPS : Ultimate FPS 1.4.9 !
- This is not a full game, but a starter kit with basic gameplay examples only
- Scripting skills required! You will need a firm understanding of Unity, C# and UFPS to add custom gameplay
Closed Beta Info
VisionPunk is running a free, closed beta of this asset to test the framework for stability and scalability, and to collect user feedback. Anyone who has a valid invoice number for “UFPS : Ultimate FPS” can apply for beta participation, (NOTE: instant access / access is not guaranteed). The final, paid version of the starter kit will be released on Unity Asset Store in 2015 with an improved feature set.