We’ve been working on this a while but now the time is right: Photon v3.2 is polished and ready to use!
Some of the new and noteworthy updates:
- WebSocket support (an “alpha version” had already been part of 3.0, but now it’s actually stable and usable).
- Interest groups in rooms (basic, client driven interest management).
- Application stats for LoadBalancing (the “Cloud” you can host yourself).
- Fixed several bugs and crashes, cleaned up the code base (refactorings, deprecated code removed).
- Optional CRC checksums for udp packages (helps avoiding issues caused by broken network equipment).
The full changelog: doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/Photon3.2release
Download the SDKs: www.exitgames.com/download
We also released a special version of the SDK with Windows Azure support! Check out the Azure tutorial: doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/pask